Classic Retrofit is delighted to unveil its first in-house ignition coil. Borne from years of experience with high output ignition systems on historic race engines, this is a true transformer ignition coil designed specifically for CDI ignition systems, including our own CDI+ ignition units, stock Bosch CDI ignition boxes and other aftermarket systems.
The Classic Retrofit ignition coil is a direct replacement for the Bosch 0 221 121 001 coil used in Porsche, Alfa, Maserati, Ferrari and other vehicles running CDI systems. This coil is also suitable for racing engines, such as the Cosworth DFV.
All parts are 100% made in Britain from the highest quality materials. Each coil is wound and hand assembled: a painstaking process that takes about four hours. The coil windings are potted in epoxy under vacuum to ensure no bubbles (a common weakness of the Bosch silver coils).
As with all Classic Retrofit products, the specification of these units vastly exceeds that of all comparable products available on the market.
- High quality materials used throughout
- Correct primary and secondary windings, using 1:100
- Enhanced coil geometries for maximum power transfer
- Low impedance primary designed for CDI systems
- Designed for and proof tested to 40,000V
- Secondary windings CNC wound on high quality Nomex insulation paper, balancing physical and electrical properties
- Primary winding layered on the secondary core
- High temperature magnet wire for both primary and secondary windings
- Electrical steel grade multilayer laminate core, each insulated to reduce losses
- Robust injection moulded cap
- High quality terminals, both LT and HT. 5mm thread for LV connections
- Vacuum encapsulated in solid high temperature epoxy. Flammability UL94V
- 100% tested for 1 hour
- Materials batch traceable
International Shipping Available
Classic Retrofit ships Worldwide