The Electrocooler 'half system' allows existing AC cars to use our electric compressor and modern condenser with the existing evaporator blower mounted in the smuggler's box. Fits Porsche 911 models 1965 to 1989 with factory/dealer fitted AC.
If your factory or dealer fitted evaporator / blower is in good condition but your compressor and hoses are tired, this is the kit for you. The kit contains compressor and mounts for fitment ahead of the fuel tank. The new condenser can be fitted in place of the washer bottle on 74 onwards cars. Early cars can mount the condenser in the rear wheelwell. Complete new set of hoses and all wiring are included.
This is a 'half system' AC system to be used with the factory evaporator/blower.
- All Electric. All modern components
- Weighs around 22 lbs (10 kg)
- Retains factory evaoporator/blower
- Fits in front luggage bay
- Lightweight narrow hose set weighing under 4lbs (1.5kg)
- Easy Install. Non-damaging bolt-in installation
- Clutter Free. Uses existing air vents to deliver cool air
- Simple to Use. Controlled by a single ‘smart button’
- Energy Efficient. Uses less than 1 HP of engine power
- Kits available to fit 911s from 1965 to 1989 (please check for fitment before purchase)
Other vehicle kits in development. We love hot rods too! Contact us!
Please note! Our electric air conditioning likes a healthy current. We recommend upgrading the original alternator in the vast majority of installations. Late Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera, 964 and 993 models are less affected but may still benefit. See our upgraded alternators for Porsche 911s here.
International Shipping Available
Classic Retrofit ships Worldwide